Saturday, March 26, 2022

Marcel Proust has helped me strive By Marcel Ray Duriez

 

  1. Marcel Proust has helped me in the way that I have something to strive for, and breaking a record; and, in art, as an artist. In I have made art, using his methods. The argument would be letting other people's opinions influence my own life and letting the opinion change me as an artist to their mindset. It also has made me extremely tired and even classed me under the medical condition of fatigue...  

  2. Where- I've been overworked and overstressed, the argument here would be that I'm letting my artwork change because somebody else is critiquing analysis instead of being true to myself, however Marcel Proust and his long novel Remembrance of things past influenced me and doing a long attempt writing project in a minor that was English, to me I think of writing like painting where you develop a picture just like you would a canvas of a painting and I get to be artistic, the argument here would be that I'm using my engineering background to make this very large complex document of many books like an art piece but also literature. 

  1. Study in more studying is everything that- I use is a key point in understanding what is the artwork of the past being a transfer student from the ‘Art Institute of Pittsburgh with an associate degree in graphic art I am working towards a bachelor's degree now at ‘Southern New Hampshire University,’ as you would know is the professor... 

  1.  I have many minors that I could list, as diploma certificates, some in children studies, understanding behaviors of kids helps me in also the minor of English, having a background in psychology with a certificate also helps me understand my demographic in my reader, and also helps me develop an art piece that somebody would enjoy looking at or even getting in the picture of that art in their mind, I believe the key point of me being an artist is having somebody take my study analyzing it and getting the full perspective of the picture. 

  1. I started out my minor in writing children's stories where the children's story was not even about writing at all it was about the illustrations that I could publish along with my writing because my true passion was art, I got to do wonderful childlike illustrations for my own books that would breathe life into a story, as time went on it became more about writing for teenagers and moving into novellas, novelettes, and long novels.  

  1. I always said that my artwork was for any age, yet some pieces of artwork that I have done in the past have had criticism for being under the fine art category where ages discretion should be advised, I have never seen it that way in my entire art career that any kind of art needs to be taken away you need to cram your eyes with wonder, and not hold back from the truth and never think you are going too far. 

  1. I do believe that my audience will always be young adults or teenagers anywhere from the ages of 13 to 30. 

  1. I want to be clear and direct to the point, I have got into expressing my new writer-ly habits where I am being too long-winded inexpressive, I need to condense my sentences, construct my thoughts- and be more direct. So, with that said in this essay, I am not going to ramble; just like Proust, I enjoy the long sentence. 

  1. My resources would come from books blogs Internet, biographies, and anybody that has ever interviewed or given YouTube videos of Proust himself, also in my research I am a huge fan of Google and Bing, any place where I can find an easy link, and work cited - is a great source for me, sad but true... 

  1.  I even like Wikipedia every now and then. I say this because it is so hard to publish the new study in any kind of study because people tell you Well this is just a blog or something you should upload to Wikipedia it is hard to have an original idea where you can take claim when somebody has claimed over you for having your original idea. 

  1. The art instruction school, where I am a graduate of two certificates in the Fundamentals of Art, used to have a magazine called the: Illustrator, I supported all kinds of work in this magazine- More than I ever would at the: ‘Art Institute of Pittsburgh...’  

  1. Because- it was true and genuine and was not photoshopping somebody else's picture with another picture in digital media manipulation. which I think is disgraceful to art, however, both schools have closed their doors to all students as of 2015, a sad fact about the arts in the ‘United States’ right now they are dying. Even something like artwork.com or 1001 text for typography. Bob Ross.com I love this style of painting, being impressionistic myself. Always been a fan of Cloud Monet, and Frank Llyod Wright. A mix that just should not work, yet the past is not timeless and moves forward to becoming old as it would be new. 

  1. In my view, intriguing evidence would be that not everybody is going to like it and some people are going to love it and people believe what they want to believe feel what they want to feel and that is the movement of the expression of art in giving outstanding evidence to somebody's view is nothing more than a subjective opinion... 

  1.  And sometimes it is not even about having intriguing evidence as it is it needs to sell more than it needs to sway somebody to fill persuade. 

  1. I have made revisions my life I have edited and re-edited and did the editing again for more than 6 years now with my own book series, and after being a student at the art institute of Pittsburgh I have learned that you must revisit and revise your art piece until they have nothing more than a mess of what was your original idea...  

  1. I have no problem in revising a document, sometimes I go through a document 3 or more times just to ensure that I have clarity, my first drafts usually look crazy to anybody that read him that other than myself and make no sense, yet a little crazy is OK.  

  1. I think the best things that I could do about this document would be check over my grammar, my use of words, in going more in-depth about being an artist, where I have lost some of my- passion for the arts. I am just getting older and tired, but with this document, you are reminding me that my true talent and ability and a gift that I have is being able to do hand drawings portraits in create masterpieces that I know that somebody at the art Institute would never find to be perfection... 

  1.  Even if I am happy you are satisfied with the piece as is in my study of art over the years I have learned that you are never going to achieve perfection and somebody that is a professor, and it gets more than frustrating and annoying, I have been working since 2009 to achieve a degree- of this level, and I am more than burnout- to the point is becoming unhealthy.  

  1. "Cons of self-publishing, the pros and cons of self-publishing this will be part of a three part series in this first video we will be doing the pros and cons of self-publishing and video #2 we will be doing the pros and cons of traditional publishing- I'll be talking about my decision to self-publish but if you're new here and you don't know what the heck are these publishing options are and you never heard of any of these things before check out our video where we talked about the different publishing paths available to the modern writer I will leave that in the description below and of course before we get in today's content hit that subscribe button and ring the Bell if you haven't already here on my writerly we create videos for how to be a successful modern day author let's start off with the pros I will be going through a list of all the pros that I personally could think of this is not an exhaustive list but will talk about the pros and I could think of and then we'll move to the cons I hate to end it on a negative note but that's just how that stays at video will be structured hope you guys find it helpful and of course if there's anything that I miss if you self-publish or traditionally published and you're like Hey there's this thing that you didn't talk about leave those in the comments below we might have a future discussion kind of like Part 2 also I feel like this is like the pros and cons before I've actually self-published so there might be new things that I discover along the way in my own journey of books and art. 

  1. now let's actually be in the list Phone number one it kind of feels a heck of a lot like seizing your destiny I know this is going to sound kind of cliché and kind of dramatic but that's quite literally the feeling that many authors get is that they don't have to wait for the gatekeepers the literary agents and the publishing professionals like editors of publishing houses to give them that thumbs up to publish a book you're literally taking control of your book on your story and you're just going for it in many ways self-publishing is freeing for that reason the 2nd row that I have written down is that you don't have to query a literary agent querying is tough and emotionally taxing because you have to sift through all these rejections and still hold on to yourself worth and being a little dramatic here but when you're querying right so a lot of people will query anywhere from let's say 30 agents is kind of the average I would say 200 two hundred queries personally I think 200 queries is outrageous I can think of 200 publishing professionals that I think would be a good fit for me in my story however that's potentially will say 100 queries where you send them to a literary agent and queries or a one page cover letter she sent as part of this mission to a publishing professional called a literary agent who you're pitching your books to an if they represent you then the agent will picture book she published at publishing houses just kind of the structure of traditional publishing... 

  1. Thus if you're self-publishing you don't have to query a literary agent and potentially at hundreds of rejections but just make you feel crummy cause you like and then you get these rejections which we've discussed in previous videos check them all out we've talked about kind of why people get rejections but you know these rejections have nothing to do with the quality of the writing but she was the writer my second guessing I'm tired I'm showing haven't started in my place you have all these things we second guess yourself in your story and it might have nothing to do with the quality of your work that and a lot of the policies at literary agencies when you carry them is a no response equals a projection so it's kind of waiting in the wondering like I like you it's months so when you're playing a literary agent I want to say the average turnaround time is 6 to 8 weeks (about 2 months) and that's on the quicker side and the typical time where you just hear back from the cold query is about 3 months I would say so that's just for the initial submission which is a query letter maybe the first five pages 1st chapter of your book and a synopsis... 

  1. Which is the one to two page document where you summarize everything in your book after that 3 months point of waiting then you have to maybe send a partial if the agent is interested in it or a full manuscript again if the agent is interested in and if not then you like right now I guess in that minutes back to queries and anyways I'm ranting now but it is emotionally taxing this comments it shouldn't have to do that pro #3 to self-publishing is that you have control over the content of the book lectures on publishers don't take risks on things like a genre mashup because booksellers just don't know where to put it on the bookshelf and therefore publishers aren't going to purchase it because the booksellers won't take it and actually sell the book so as a self-published writer you have the freedom to kind of bend and break the rules of traditional genre fiction you also have the freedom to write a series so if you are trying to traditionally publish a book and you're like I have the series of my hat and I'm so excited about it... 

  1. Which is hate to live in there if you get a literary agent and the agent sells the 1st book in a series to a publisher maybe the 1st book doesn't sell as well as you thought you don't turn out your advance and the publisher problem is one book 2 and therefore they have the rights to book one and a lot of times it can take a lot of years to get those rights back if at all which means you probably can't write book 2 or if you do write the book to its many years later and then you also don't have control in the book once do things like a loss leader where you give the 1st book away for free to entice people to read the rest of the series anyways you have control over writing a series is what I'm saying our next Pro is control over the publishing timeline now compared to traditional publishing... 

  1.  Like- I feel like I'm talking about traditional publishing a lot in this but in traditional publishing, you have no control let's say it takes 6 months a year many years to get a literary agent, and then you might do a year or so on submission where the agent sends your book to editors at publishing houses and then let's say you get picked up which is the best-case scenario and a lot of times folks just simply don't get picked up the editor picks up your book and they're going to publish it and then it's 2 years later so that's potentially I don't know five-six years between writing the book querying the agent and it actually being on the bookshelves available for readers takes a long time in traditional publishing for your book to get published if you are a UN agented writer S publishing you don't have to worry about any of that so it's really all about that." 

  1. 100 years ago, you could do what he did and get away with being published one after another- no they would say self- no one is going to read all that no a-days- when Prost did what I have- he was overnight made a legend me not yet- yet I still have dues to pay- and I need to know someone in the field also. 


  1. Marcel Proust has helped me in the way, that I have something to strive for, and breaking a record; and, in art, as an artist. In both I have made art, using his methods. The argument would be letting other people's opinions influence my own life and letting the opinion change me as an artist to their mindset it also is made me extremely tired and even classed me under the medical condition of fatigue...  

  1. Where- I've been overworked and overstressed, the argument here would be that I'm letting my artwork change because somebody else is critiquing analysis instead of being true to myself, however Marcel Proust and his long novel Remembrance of things past influenced me and doing a long attempt writing project in a minor that was English, to me I think of writing like painting where you develop a picture just like you would a canvas of a painting and I get to be artistic, the argument here would be that I'm using my engineering background to make this very large complex document of many books like an art piece but also literature. 

  1. Study in more studying is everything that- I use is a key point in understanding what is the artwork of the past being a transfer student from the ‘Art Institute of Pittsburgh with an associate degree in graphic art I'm working towards a bachelor's degree now at ‘Southern New Hampshire University,’ as you would know is the professor... 

  1.  I have many minors that I could list, as diploma certificates, some in children studies, understanding behaviors of kids helps me in also the minor of English, having a background in psychology with a certificate also helps me understand my demographic in my reader, and also helps me develop an art piece that somebody would enjoy looking at or even getting in the picture of that art in their mind, I believe the key point of me being an artist is having somebody take my study analyzing it and getting the full perspective of the picture. 

  1. I started out my minor in writing children's stories where the children's story wasn't even about writing at all it was about the illustrations that I could publish along with my writing because my true passion was art, I got to do really wonderful childlike illustrations for my own books that would breathe life into a story, as time went on it became more about writing for teenagers and moving into novellas, novelettes, and long novels.  

  1. I always said that my artwork was for any age, yet some pieces of artwork that I've done in the past have had criticism for being under the fine art category where ages discretion should be advised, I've never seen it that way in my entire art career that any kind of art needs to be taken away I think you need to cram your eyes with wonder, and not hold back from the truth and never think you're going too far. 

  1. I do believe that my audience will always be young adults or teenagers anywhere from the ages of 13 through 30. 


  1. I want to be clear and direct to the point, I've got into expressing my new writer-ly habits where I'm being too long-winded inexpressive, I think I need to condense my sentences, construct my thoughts- and be more direct. So, with that said in this essay, I'm not going to ramble; just like Proust, I enjoy the long sentence. 

  1. My resources would come from books blogs Internet, biographies, and anybody that has ever interviewed or given YouTube videos of Proust himself, also in my research I am a big fan of Google and Bing, any place where I can find an easy link, and work cited - is a great source for me, sad but true... 

  1.  I even like Wikipedia every now and then. I say this because it is so hard to publish the new study in any kind of study because people tell you well this is just a blog or something you should upload to Wikipedia it's hard to have an original idea where you can take claim when somebody has claimed over you for having your original idea. 

  1. The art instruction school, where I'm a graduate of two certificates in the Fundamentals of Art, used to have a magazine called the: Illustrator, I supported all kinds of work in this magazine- More than I ever would at the: ‘Art Institute of Pittsburgh...’  

  1. Because- it was true and genuine and wasn't photoshopping somebody else's picture with another picture in digital media manipulation. which I think is disgraceful to art, however, both schools have closed their doors to all students as of 2015, a sad fact about the arts in the ‘United States’ right now they are dying. Even something like artwork.com or 1001 text for typography. Bob Ross.com I love this style of painting, being impressionistic myself. Always been a fan of Cloud Monet, and Frank Llyod Wright. A mix that just should not work, yet past is not timeless and moves forward to become old as it would be new. 

  1. In my view, intriguing evidence would be that not everybody is going to like it and some people are going to love it and people believe what they want to believe feel what they want to feel and that's the movement of the expression of art in giving outstanding evidence to somebody's view is nothing more than a subjective opinion... 

  1.  And sometimes it's not even about having intriguing evidence as it is it needs to sell more than it needs to sway somebody to fill persuade. 

  1. I have made revisions my life I've edited and re-edited and did the editing again for more than 6 years now with my own book series, and after being a student of the art institute of Pittsburgh I've learned that you have to revisit and revise your art piece until they have nothing more than a mess of what was your original idea...  

  1. I have no problem in revising a document, sometimes I go through a document 3 or more times just to ensure that I have clarity, my first drafts usually look crazy to anybody that read him that other than myself and make no sense, yet a little crazy is OK.  

  1. I think the best things that I could do about this document would be to check my grammar my use of words, in go more in-depth about being an artist, where I've lost some of my- passion for the arts. maybe I'm just getting older and tired, but with this document, you're reminding me that my true talent and ability and a gift that I have is being able to do hand drawings portraits in create masterpieces that I know that somebody at the art Institute would never find to be perfection... 

  1.  Even if I'm happy you're satisfied with the piece as is in my study of art over the years I've learned that you're never going to achieve perfection and somebody that is a professor, and it gets more than frustrating and annoying, I have been working since 2009 to achieve a degree- of this level, and I'm more than burnout- to the point is probably becoming unhealthy.  

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment