Sunday, January 8, 2023

I Have Existed Lingering for You:

 Marcel Ray Duriez

I Have Existed Lingering For You: 


I- Nevaeh, developed a warming feeling, almost sun-kissed on a satisfying day. Shaping a heavy dress, I walked away to walk on the winter beach. I went to the pier; The cold wind moved me along the shore. The last place I remember getting better. In the middle of a long spiral, I saw you there. Between the water and the sky, with her back facing the sand. I walked right behind you as if we had always been strangers. Your eyes remained fixed on the horizon, you never looked around. Were you waiting for a signal? A sort of blessing of the clouds to tell you what to do? You didn't know if it was the right time to leave. I'm still not sure, and I was sorry to hear that you were as sad as I was. I wish we hadn't been forced to turn so blue. I have not been able to think clearly, my thoughts are flooded with everything that has happened and will not happen. All the words I have written read as a praise of a parallel life that will never be lived outside my mind. It's been a lot lately, suddenly. I was thinking of you. Every moonlight, flame, tide, and sea, of course, are you.


No comments:

Post a Comment